Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Need help on buying table lamp for children
Do I want to pursue Physiotherapy as my career in Singapore? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:34 am by joelsts

» Should i take up the bond with Core Concept?
Do I want to pursue Physiotherapy as my career in Singapore? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:06 pm by Mr Jack

» Physios to get prescription powers in England
Do I want to pursue Physiotherapy as my career in Singapore? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:06 pm by Mr Jack

» A useful site for Singaporeans to access to healthcare information
Do I want to pursue Physiotherapy as my career in Singapore? EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 am by Mr Jack

» A practical ‘Teach-Back’ workshop by HPB
Do I want to pursue Physiotherapy as my career in Singapore? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:24 am by Mr Jack

» Home tuition for primary school
Do I want to pursue Physiotherapy as my career in Singapore? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:28 am by Mr Jack

» Knee injury therapy
Do I want to pursue Physiotherapy as my career in Singapore? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 am by Mr Jack

» Therapy Assistant Training Assignment 07-24 August 2012
Do I want to pursue Physiotherapy as my career in Singapore? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:40 am by Mr Jack

» Profile pic
Do I want to pursue Physiotherapy as my career in Singapore? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:44 am by Mr Jack

» SuperBetter App to improve health and wellness
Do I want to pursue Physiotherapy as my career in Singapore? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:38 am by Mr Jack

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 124 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:09 pm

Do I want to pursue Physiotherapy as my career in Singapore?

Go down

Do I want to pursue Physiotherapy as my career in Singapore? Empty Do I want to pursue Physiotherapy as my career in Singapore?

Post by Admin Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:17 am

Alrighty! Good question. I’ve been answering this question for more than 10 years. I am proud to say that while my answers had been neutral, yet some have been influenced and took up physiotherapy studies.

It’s time to make this concrete and the reference point for your “confused” state of mind.

Firstly, if you are asking this question, then either you are at either of these two stages:
a. Planning for your studies
b. Making a career switch

Either way, you are at the cross road to determine your life’s direction. So make sure that it is an informed decision that you are making. An informed decision makes you appreciate your decision at that point of time, instead of facing any regrets.

There are many lead on questions after the question “Do I want to purse Physiotherapy as a career in Singapore”.

1. What is physiotherapy about? What is the work about?
2. What are the different physiotherapy related career options in Singapore?
3. How much does a Physiotherapist make?
4. Is it something that I really want to do?

1. What is physiotherapy about? What is the work about?

There is a lot of information on the internet about the professional. Go and google about it.
If you want to experience the work, go and volunteer some time at the hospitals or private clinics. Just write to the hospitals/private clinics and request for an attachment. Usually they do not provide any remuneration for a brief attachment. They are more than happy to accept request for any volunteering work.
If you want to hear personal experience, this is a platform to ask your questions. There are a few experienced physiotherapists to share their opinions as well. There are some sites that have personal sharings too. See
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2. What are the different physiotherapy related career options in Singapore?

This is an excellent question. There are actually a lot of different career options. In the past, the conventional route is that people would think that physiotherapists work only in the hospital. These days, the options are vast and varied.
You could go into administration, research, teaching, corporate consultancy, private clinics, fitness and wellness etc.
I have friends in all these sectors. For examples:
Administration: I know physiotherapists who are Department Directors in Hospital, CEOs in rehab companies, in senior management.
Research: I know physiotherapist who are doing research work
Teaching: I know physiotherapist doing teaching in NYP, RP. Those who conduct continual educational training programs for physiotherapists. Provide private training courses
Corporate consultancy: I know physiotherapists who assist in corporate company program, health and safety (ergo) consultation for company (one is in the oil and gas company)
Private clinics: I know physiotherapist who set up own clinic, or expand a network of physio clinics
Fitness and wellness: I know physiotherapist who branched out into fitness and wellness instead of manage diseases and rehabilitation.
In short, the world is your oyster depending on your aptitude and interest!

3. How much does a Physiotherapist make?

Simple question: see Mom website for payscale comparison.
Otherwise a statement of fact from this forum: It also depends on what you do (see above career options).
You will have different pay scale depending you are :
a. In administration in senior management
b. Set up your own company or private clinic
c. In clinical practice in hospital
d. In education in a local tertiary institution
e. Taking unconventional routes as your career option
Pay packages depends on your scope of your practice and it is equitable. In short, the amount of responsibilities you undertake can commensurate your pay scales.

4. Is it something that I really want to do?

This is a tough question. No one can answer this question for you. In fact, a lot of people don’t even have the answer for themselves.
Look at those who are doing mid-career switch. When I did the career fair, the 30s and 40s, even 50s approach me and say “Look, I’m bored with my current job and I want to do something to help people, how do I be a physiotherapist?”
There are also those who in the middle of the physiotherapy studies who drop out as well.
I have another perspective on this. Maybe it is not about what “you want”, but are you “the one”?
I reflected on a lot of people experience who embarked into this profession. Sometimes it is a matter of fate.. a matter of destiny. Everyone is meant to do something in this life. Are you meant to be a physiotherapist? Are you a fighter overcoming all odds to be a physiotherapist? Are you “THE ONE”.
Once you have decided that you want to choose physiotherapy as the career. The only way is to study physiotherapy. It is a specialized course. It is offered locally in NYP, SIT (soon to be) in Singapore, or overseas, commonly in UK or Australia.
Guide on applying NYP Physiotherapy Program

Admin

https://sghc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down