Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Need help on buying table lamp for children
Why study sports science? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:34 am by joelsts

» Should i take up the bond with Core Concept?
Why study sports science? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:06 pm by Mr Jack

» Physios to get prescription powers in England
Why study sports science? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:06 pm by Mr Jack

» A useful site for Singaporeans to access to healthcare information
Why study sports science? EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 am by Mr Jack

» A practical ‘Teach-Back’ workshop by HPB
Why study sports science? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:24 am by Mr Jack

» Home tuition for primary school
Why study sports science? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:28 am by Mr Jack

» Knee injury therapy
Why study sports science? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 am by Mr Jack

» Therapy Assistant Training Assignment 07-24 August 2012
Why study sports science? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:40 am by Mr Jack

» Profile pic
Why study sports science? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:44 am by Mr Jack

» SuperBetter App to improve health and wellness
Why study sports science? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:38 am by Mr Jack

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 124 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:09 pm

Why study sports science?

3 posters

Go down

Why study sports science? Empty Why study sports science?

Post by xinn Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:01 am

Sports science is not really a common course in Singapore. Here's the reason why I had chosen this route. How about you? Smile

Sport science was a course that appeals to me much more than the other courses that I had come across. This discipline reminds me of how the experts analyze human movement in the discovery channel to improve a technique or to prevent an injury. Those motion capture and 3D analyzing software greatly fascinates me. Thus, this is one of the fields that I would wish to study. The opportunity came when Republic Polytechnic started the course, Diploma of Sport and Exercise Science. I enrolled in straight away and continued my undergraduate studies at Nanyang Technological University.
I enjoyed most of the things I learn in class and I began to see that there is many people out there that I can help with the knowledge that I had gain in my course. I would have friends around me, asking me how should they exercise to bulk up their muscles, how long should they run to lose weight, or why they feel pain in their knees after a long run. Just a little more knowledge to the specific problem could alleviate the problem a great deal. I started to realize that I actually like to help others by offering them knowledge that I learned. And I guess that this would be the direction I would be going towards in the future.

xinn

Back to top Go down

Why study sports science? Empty Re: Why study sports science?

Post by Mr Jack Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:37 am

xinn wrote:Sports science is not really a common course in Singapore. Here's the reason why I had chosen this route. How about you? Smile

Sport science was a course that appeals to me much more than the other courses that I had come across. This discipline reminds me of how the experts analyze human movement in the discovery channel to improve a technique or to prevent an injury. Those motion capture and 3D analyzing software greatly fascinates me. Thus, this is one of the fields that I would wish to study. The opportunity came when Republic Polytechnic started the course, Diploma of Sport and Exercise Science. I enrolled in straight away and continued my undergraduate studies at Nanyang Technological University.
I enjoyed most of the things I learn in class and I began to see that there is many people out there that I can help with the knowledge that I had gain in my course. I would have friends around me, asking me how should they exercise to bulk up their muscles, how long should they run to lose weight, or why they feel pain in their knees after a long run. Just a little more knowledge to the specific problem could alleviate the problem a great deal. I started to realize that I actually like to help others by offering them knowledge that I learned. And I guess that this would be the direction I would be going towards in the future.

What is the difference between sports and exercise science and physiotherapy?
Mr Jack
Mr Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by xinn Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:05 am

Sports and exercise science deals also with the knowledge on how to help people make their lives healthier through proper nutrition, exercise and rehabilitation. This discipline studies the science behind exercises, nutrition, rehabilitation and low-carbohydrate diets and seeks to provide healthcare through exercise.

Phtsiotherapy is primarily concerned with the remediation of impairments and disabilities and the promotion of mobility, functional ability, quality of life and movement potential through examination, evaluation, diagnosis and physical intervention. A physiotherapist works to maximise an individual's movement capability. He can maintain and improve the body's movement and function by offering treatment when someone is acutely ill in hospital. Furthermore, he can improve someone's function and independence (at home, at work) by offering rehabilitation and advice.

xinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:57 am

Where do i find a professional who have sports and exercise science knowledge?

Admin

https://sghc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down