Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Need help on buying table lamp for children
Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!  EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:34 am by joelsts

» Should i take up the bond with Core Concept?
Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!  EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:06 pm by Mr Jack

» Physios to get prescription powers in England
Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!  EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:06 pm by Mr Jack

» A useful site for Singaporeans to access to healthcare information
Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!  EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 am by Mr Jack

» A practical ‘Teach-Back’ workshop by HPB
Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!  EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:24 am by Mr Jack

» Home tuition for primary school
Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!  EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:28 am by Mr Jack

» Knee injury therapy
Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 am by Mr Jack

» Therapy Assistant Training Assignment 07-24 August 2012
Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!  EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:40 am by Mr Jack

» Profile pic
Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:44 am by Mr Jack

» SuperBetter App to improve health and wellness
Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!  EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:38 am by Mr Jack

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 124 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:09 pm

Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!

3 posters

Go down

Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!  Empty Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!

Post by Mr Jack Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SINGAPORE - A private tutor claiming to be from the Gifted Education Programme (GEP) in order to charge high fees for his services has been warned by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to stop telling lies.

Mr Kelvin Ong Wee Loong, who is the owner of AristoCare centre and charges $1,000 for four lessons, also claimed that he went on to attend Anglo-Chinese Junior College and the National University of Singapore, before become a teacher in the GEP programme at his alma mater.

However, checks conducted by MOE revealed that Mr Ong was neither ever a pupil nor teacher in the programme. He is also not a qualified teacher.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kelvin Ong is really in a hot soup now. A sudden "celebrity" featured in several links at several blogs and prominent websites:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] › ... › Others › Lite & EZ

everythingalsocomplain.com/

Kelvin is likely to dig his own grave. Parents are now digging out everything whether the place he started was legal to use as tuition centre to how much is he making to the falsifying claims of him being a GEP student and teacher.

He worked as a physiotherapist in NUH around the time 2000-2003 and had a hospital malpractice report of him selling wheelchairs at his own personal capacity to patients.

A shrewd businessman that target business on desperate people (whether anxious parents or anxious patients)..

I wonder would parents be able to sue him for the false claims?

I wonder how many students had underwent the training, and did do well for the GEP?

Interesting...interesting...interesting...

Mr Jack
Mr Jack

Back to top Go down

Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!  Empty Re: Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!

Post by Kenneth_Ng Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:10 am

Latest update... His web site is now down, and not accessible...

Kenneth_Ng

Back to top Go down

Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!  Empty Re: Kelvin Ong Wee Loong is in big trouble!

Post by Mr Jack Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:56 am

I heard from a malaysian physiotherapist that the article about Mr Kelvin Ong Wee Loong had also appeared in Malaysian newspapers.

good luck to him..

i am sure these are trying times for him and his family.

this is quite serious case of fraud, that parents had paid premium sum of money of their children's tuition based on the alleged credentials.

but i wonder whether the children did benefitted nevertheless?
Mr Jack
Mr Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenneth_Ng Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 am

According to some of the forums, there is actually tests and interviews for those who want to take his course. So actually he is already selecting those "smart" ones...

Kenneth_Ng

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:30 am

Selection criteria are very important.

There is a debate whether if i sent my kid to a neighbor school, will he lose out to those from the "good" school?

I understand that MOE has been sending ivy league principals and teachers to neighbor school to provide "equal opportunity" to the community.

The trouble is there are feedback that some of them are struggling because the quality of the students are also limited with quality engagement.

Then if send them to good schools then will be a competition of the "deep pockets".

haiz.. pressure of being parents.

so dunno whether to send to neighborhood school or good school??

Admin

https://sghc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:36 am

I transfer the discussion to a new topic.

Admin

https://sghc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Jack Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:08 am

The Sunday Times revealed that Mr Ong had actually graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic with a diploma in 2000.

He then worked as a physiotherapist at National University Hospital (NUH) before being asked to leave in 2004 over "integrity" issues. It was during this time when he was working at NUH that he had claimed he had been a relief teacher in ACS primary.

there you go... the report shed some truth to the matter...

Mr Jack
Mr Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Jack Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:08 am

Should have stayed a low profile with his tuition business..

Yet still talk to reporters about his tuition despite fraudulent claims...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not such an easy job

With so many tutors being high-income earners, it is not surprising that tutoring is seen as an easy job with high returns.

Mr Kelvin Ong, the founder of AristoCare centre, an enrichment centre for gifted students, only admits about 10 students every year. But he works fewer hours and earns 30 per cent more than when he was working as a gifted education teacher at a boys' school.

However, Mr Ong says tutoring is not "easy work", as it is often perceived to be.

Being a tutor is a stressful job, with no year-end bonuses or incentives, said Mr Ong, and a tutor may lose all his students if they cannot perform.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr Jack
Mr Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Jack Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jialet. the unwanted publicity still continues until today.

I wonder what is is Kelvin ong going to do from now?

Give tuition.. i'm sure the parents will recognize him...

Provide physiotherapy.... i doubt the professions will welcome him.

Come to think about it. He should have just ventured into private home physiotherapy services.

I'm sure he could had done well with that.
Mr Jack
Mr Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum